Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Meaning Of SARAH

Today, while I'm doing some excercises from my niece book (actually it's a english book for primary school, hehehe...) I found a short story from the comprehension section. It's quite interesting for me and I likes to share the story with others.

The Meaning of Sarah

There was once a little girl named Sarah. She did not like her name at all. She wished that it was Annie, Janet, Betsy or some other name but Sarah.
One day she asked her mother. "Why is my name Sarah, mother?"
"Well, we named you after your Aunt Sarah," answered her mother.
A few days later Aunt Sarah paid them a visit. "Aunt Sarah, why were your name Sarah?" asked the little girl. That made Aunt Sarah smile.
"I asked my mother the same question when I was your age," she said. "You see, I did not like my name either. But when my mother told me that Sarah is another word for Princess, I decided that it was not a bad name after all."
"You know Aunt Sarah, now I feel the same way too" said Sarah with a smile.


And now I'm proud too, because Miss Director give me a task to act as a Sarah in our drama.... hihihi

2 comments:

lavender_6 said...

you deserve it sarah

lavender_6 said...

hehe..sarah??
i think in our drama 'Jumanji' have this character 'Sarah'..right??
hehehe..
So,i know who are you...=)
hihihi..peace!!


( A123835 )